Perfect for your pies of any type savory or sweet, MRS. SMITH’S® Deep Dish Pie Crusts are just like you would make yourself if you had the time. Give your family recipe the love and care it deserves without the added work.
To Make a Baked Ready-To-Fill Crust:
(For pudding pies, meringue pies, ice cream pies)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Remove frozen crust from package. Let thaw 15 minutes.
3. Thoroughly prick bottom and side of crust with fork to help reduce shrinkage and bubbling. For a perfect ready-to-fill baked pie crust, place an empty pie pan the same size inside the crust. Or, carefully line the inside of the pie crust with aluminum foil or parchment paper and fill with dry beans or rice.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake on middle oven rack for 12-15 minutes at 375°F.
5. Cool completely. Pour desired filling into crust.
To Make a One-Crust Pie:
(For quiches, pumpkin pies, pecan pies)
1. Preheat oven according to your recipe directions.
2. Remove frozen crust from package; Place crust on baking sheet.
3. Pour in desired filling and bake on middle oven rack according to recipe directions.
Note: Baking on baking sheet allows crust to bake more evenly.
For Two-crust Fruit Pie
(For Fresh, Frozen, or Canned Fruit)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil to catch juices that may boil out during baking.
3. Take two crusts from freezer and let defrost.
4. Pour filling into bottom crust. Moisten edges of bottom crust with water.
5. Cover pie with second crust. Crimp edges well. Cut several slits in top crust to let steam escape.
6. Center pie on cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
7. Bake at 375°F for 60 minutes or until crust is a rich golden brown. BECAUSE OVENS VARY, ADJUST TIME AND TEMPERATURE AS NECESSARY.
8. Pie may be served warm in 30 minutes or cooled after 2 hours.
For best results, fill pie crust with 3 to 3 ½ cups of filling.
Always remove pie and pie crusts from oven on cookie sheet. NEVER HANDLE BY EDGE OF PAN.
KEEP FROZEN UNTIL READY TO USE
To mend a cracked crust: thaw, moisten edges of crack and press together.
WHEAT FLOUR, PALM OIL, WATER, SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, DEXTROSE, SALT, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES.