When apples, cinnamon and brown sugar come together with a sweet streusel crumb topping, the results are mouthwatering. When it comes in our flakiest crust ever made with a touch of real butter, MRS. SMITH’S® Original Flaky Crust Dutch Apple Pie is nothing short of amazing.
1. Place oven rack in center position. Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
2. Remove pie from box and plastic wrap. Do not remove pie from original foil pan. Leave pie on counter while oven is preheating.
3. Fluff streusel with fork. Place pie on center of baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, and place in preheated oven.
4. Baking time: 45 - 55 minutes until streusel is lightly golden brown. Since ovens vary, adjust time and temperature as necessary. *Baking Tip: If outer crust edge is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil, do not cover center of pie.
5. Remove pie on baking sheet from oven using oven mitts. Do not handle pie by edge of pan. Cool for 2 hours or until pie reaches desired serving temperature.
Store leftover baked pie loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
KEEP FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE
FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY COOK BEFORE EATING TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 160°F
Please Note: Baking pie on baking sheet helps crust to bake more evenly.
FILLING: APPLES, WATER, SUGAR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CORN SYRUP, BROWN SUGAR, SALT, SPICE, XANTHAN GUM.
CRUST: WHEAT FLOUR, SHORTENING BUTTER BLEND (PALM OIL, BUTTER [CREAM, SALT]), PALM OIL, WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, DEXTROSE, YEAST, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES.
STREUSEL: WHEAT FLOUR, BROWN SUGAR, PALM OIL, SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, SILICON DIOXIDE, SALT, DEXTROSE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES.
CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK.