Only the best seasonal cherries go into MRS. SMITH’S® Original Flaky Crust Cherry Pie. Plump, juicy cherries baked to a sweet, tart perfection in our flaky crust featuring a touch of real butter. This is a pie that you can savor every bite of.
1. Place oven rack in center position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Remove pie from box and plastic wrap. Do not remove pie from original foil pan. Leave pie on counter while oven is preheating.
3. Cut four slits in top crust in-between center and crimp edge. Place pie on center of baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, and place in preheated oven.
4. Baking time: 45 - 55 minutes until crust is golden brown. Since ovens vary, adjust time and temperature as necessary. *Baking Tip: If outer crust edge is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil, do not cover center of pie.
5. Remove pie on baking sheet from oven using oven mitts. Do not handle pie by edge of pan.
6. Cool for 2 hours or until pie reaches desired serving temperature.
Store leftover baked pie loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
KEEP FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE
FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY COOK BEFORE EATING TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 160°F
Please Note: Baking pie on baking sheet helps crust to bake more evenly.
For a shiny, crispier crust, beat one egg and apply with a pastry brush to top crust prior to baking.
FILLING: CHERRIES, WATER, SUGAR, CORN SYRUP, FOOD STARCH MODIFIED, SALT, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM.
CRUST: WHEAT FLOUR, VEGETABLE SHORTENING (PALM OIL AND SOYBEAN OIL WITH MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES), WATER, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), SALT, DEXTROSE, YEAST, APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE.
CONTAINS WHEAT AND MILK